Frequently Asked Questions
Short answer, no:) One of the reasons why we get such high reviews is because we offer a private, pampered experience in which the crew are focused completely on you and your guests. On ALL OF OUR TOURS, only you, your guests and our crew will be our focus!
– Certainly not! We will be happy to assist you from start to finish and we have many spots that are in 4′ deep or less to swim and snorkel. Also, we have ample flotation devices and crew to assist any persons with apprehensions.
– Absolutely not! Our prices are good for the FIRST FOUR PERSONS. If your group has less than that, no problem, but the price will remain the same.
– As long as we have sunshine and the winds are 25mph or less, we go out. Light passing showers WILL NOT alter our plans, but thunder, lightning, or inclement weather will. If you are not sure if we will go out, simply call any of our cell numbers, as listed on our website, or send us an email a day or two before for any concerns.
– Swimwear, towels, sunscreen, and sunglasses. Also, you can bring along any additional items.
– Simply fill out the Contact Us page on our website, leave as much details as you can about your group, which package interest you and we will guide you through the rest of the way!
– We can process ONLY VISA OR MASTERCARD, ZELLE, PAYPAL or CashApp.
There are cash machines at various locations around the island. The most trusted machines are in the airport and in the West Bay Mall. Guests may find that machines may not have cash in them during high season when they are used frequently.
You will receive money in Lempiras, the Honduran currency. It’s always best to plan ahead and bring some extra cash with you.
There is no grocery store in West Bay, however for a small fee, we can arrange a personal shopper to deliver any groceries you may need during your stay. You can even choose to have your vacation rental fully stocked upon your arrival.
– No, and our crew can only accept tips if the service is absolutely perfect. We will NEVER solicit a tip from our guests! We do our job because we love it!
– Only if you prepay, and there is a 10% processing fee that gets added to your total. Otherwise, we can only accept cash at the boats as we cannot process cards on the water.
– The first stop is about 15-20 minutes from the pickup point, and then each stop after that is about 15 minutes apart.
– Yes! We provide bottled water, sodas and lots of ice! We can provide beer, rum or wine at local cost, and you can even bring your own booze!
– No. All of the tours are open to everyone, and due to the distance over open ocean, that tour is not suitable for persons with preexisting medical conditions, pregnant or severe mobility issues.
– No problem and if the ship does not port in Roatan, we will give a full refund of the deposit.
– During November-March the water temp is between 72-76 degrees. While that is no problem for most of our guests, there is a dive shop on the way out that rents wetsuits and we will be happy to stop there before heading out to the snorkeling areas.
– The amount of time that you spend on the water really determines how many stops we can make and how long you can stay at each one for. For the 6 hour or longer tours, the option to have lunch at one of our local bar and grills is available as well. So really, the longer the tour, the more time you have to enjoy the snorkeling, beaches and fishing!
– We can either light tackle bottom fish or spear fish.
– Normally we catch grouper, yellowtail snapper, grunts and many other species.
– We operate all of our tours in open waters, and the possibility of even seeing a shark is rare. We do not go in crowded, murky waters or areas where sharks frequent. We also do not have a dedicated shark dive.
– For the 6 hour or longer tours, we can do a beachside/dockside bar and grill. Normally the lunch menu consists of burgers, hotdogs, grilled chicken. Seafood or veggie items can be provided as well. Also, you may bring your own lunch if you like as well, no problem!
– Simply put, we do not have one! The tours are setup to be relaxed and tailored to the desires of you and your guests. We like to begin the tour with some snorkeling, then beaching and fishing, if you choose the super special. If you want to skip all of that and head straight to the beach, NO PROBLEM.
There are mosquitoes and sand flies. They affect some people, but not all. Please bring your preferred repellant. Many who’ve been here recommend Cutter Advanced. You may want to consider one of these natural products.
We can set up your airport transfer for you. The cost is $30 for up to 4 people, $45 after that up to 8 people from the airport. Add and additional $5 on those prices if you are coming from the ferry. The driver will meet you with a sign at the airport/ferry and bring you to our office. He can also stop by the grocery store for an additional fee of $10.
Maid service is included in the majority of island properties with a booking of 1 week or longer. This service includes fresh linens and towels and a general clean-up of the home. Please do not expect your personal items to be organized or cleaned. Many homes offer the use of a washer and dryer, or laundry service at an extra cost. Please see the ‘notes’ section of each home for further information on maid service for that particular home.
The dress code on Roatan is very casual. Shorts and shirts are fine for any restaurant. Most of our guests only wear half the clothes they pack!
Your passport needs to be valid for 6 months past the date of travel
Yes, our current and plugs are the same as the US.